Friday, January 4, 2008

Looking Ahead To 2008

So, I had initially planned to put up the top 100 as of December 31, 2007, but I figure that trying to edit in the new films as I see them will be a nightmare, so I will try to get that done as soon as I see everything I intend to see... or at least most of it.

There are about 5 or 6 films that have yet to be released in the Tampa Bay area that I haven't seen already at film festivals. Beyond that, it seems everything else is made up of films that I missed earlier in the year, and they all seem to be coming out on DVD between now and the end of February. The one big question mark is going to be 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days, which I am dying to see, but I have no idea when or if it will ever open locally, so I may just proceed to make a final list and then simply edit in that one title whenever it rears its head.

But... what I can tell you is that I came up with my list of older films that I plan to see for the first time this year. I've already caught the first two, but the list is as follows:

Harlan County, USA
Koko: A Talking Gorilla
Hearts and Minds
Don’t Look Now
Walkabout
The Man Who Fell To Earth
The Virgin Spring
Autumn Sonata
Persona
Blazing Saddles
Young Frankenstein
High Anxiety
Cabaret
All That Jazz
Lenny
Jubilee
Edward II
Sebastiane
A Lion In Winter
Guess Who’s Coming To Dinner
The Glass Menagerie
On The Waterfront
A Streetcar Named Desire
Splendor In The Grass
The Seven Samurai
Throne of Blood
Ikiru
The Apartment
Sunset Boulevard
Double Indemnity
The Claim
In This World
9 Songs
Remains of the Day
Sense & Sensibility
Primary Colors
Yi Yi
Russian Ark
The Saddest Music In The World
Alphaville
A Woman Is A Woman
Breathless
Monsoon Wedding
Mississippi Masala
Salaam Bombay
Pickpocket
Diary of a Country Priest
Au Hasard Balthazar
Tokyo Story
Early Summer
Late Spring
A Story of Floating Weeds

No comments: